[Herefordshire] Having a blonde moment!!!!

matt stone stone.matthew at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 09:12:31 BST 2005

On 7/1/05, Mark Broadbent <m.broadbent at signal.qinetiq.com> wrote:
> Ben Stephens wrote:
> > Does anyone here use Emacs? What do you use it for? Was it difficult to learn?

I'll add my couple of pence worth on this one. I love e macs! I use it
a lot for php code, css, html, shell scripting and, more recently,
c++. It really is a fantastic editor either running locally in x or
from a remote box using putty or some other client. Ditto all the
comments on indenting your code and so on.

Although, saying that, does anyone know how to have emacs
automatically recognise python scripts?  For some strange reason i
can't get it to auto format python scripts which can be a right pain
when it comes to indenting the code properly.

Cheers
Matt