[Herefordshire] mount_r or mount within a mount within a mount etc etc

matt stone stone.matthew at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 15:15:01 BST 2005

I guess i could google this but it's friday, i'm feeling lazy and i
thought it might generate some fun discussion :)

I'm using Fedora core 3 on a box, it's got 2 disks, 1 system disk and
1 for file storage which is also set up as a samba share. I'm rapidly
running out space on the storage disk and want to add another disk to
it. To save creating a separate mount point and another samba share i
was hoping to be able to mount the new disk at the same point as the
current one.

Soooo, is it possible to mount 2 separate disks at the same point?
and, if so, are there any known problems in doing this? or would i
just be better off cobbling a few more disks together to make some
raid type thing?

Cheers
Matt