[Herefordshire] newbie

Roy M Roy at Farm3.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 22:43:34 GMT 2005

Hi All,
I'm Roy a senior member of society, scrap heap stuff you know! Very much
a newbie from Bromyard.

Got redhat 9 on a removable disc and Mandrake 8 on an old laptop.
Been given the Mandrake 10 discs. Not sure where I'm going to put it
yet. From what I gather it will need upgrading to, 10.2 is it?

I've been principally using  Ms  but am trying to get to grips with
Linux. -Trouble is I'm short of time to study it's workings. Do allot of
exercise and play Badminton you see-. Tried to swap over and got
frustrated, only making some notes in O O. But I lurk allot on the LUG
lists hoping to pick up tips.

I went to the GLOS. lug meeting a couple of years ago, but the slick
minds there got the better of me and I was lost!

Got myself a book - Sams teach yourself Linux- but find it hard going,
confusing to my well worn brain!! I can't find the command screen yet!

If you have read this far, thank you.
--
Roy Meddings in attractive Herefordshire