[Herefordshire] Things not to do.

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Wed Mar 9 21:28:08 GMT 2005

Hi David

I like the 'things not to do'. Perhaps we all ought to chip in and see
if there's any commonality in there ;-)

My Things not to do 1)

The famous 'five minute' job. Three hours later you're done ;-)

Things not to do 2)

Install too many distros on your pc. Yes, I know it should work, but
sometimes, .... it doesn't ... Broken boot :-(

Things not to do 3)

Upgrade your Mandrake Install, without first first switching back to the
std nvidia 'nv' driver. The new all singing and dancing version doesn't
have the nvidia driver, due to 'licence restrictions' so that your X
display gets buggered up. How many of us claim this one ? Luckily, at
least you learn a little 'vi' and then learn how easy it is to swap the
driver over for X on the cmd line ... ;-)

Things not to do 4)

Start playing tuxracer/frozen bubble. You will be on it for hours .... !!

Julian