[Herefordshire] Re: Saving to floppy from live Distros

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Wed May 4 14:54:21 BST 2005

Hi chris

I'm on holiday at the moment so no info to hand but I know that my Ububtu didn't quite work out of the box with floppies. The forums had a simple fix that helped. But this was with the main version not the bootable one.
I know that ubuntu  works really really well with USB memory sticks if you have one of those.
Also, to access the floppy you need to go to /media/floppy in Ubuntu.
Which version of Ubuntu do you have ? 5.10 Hoary is much improved over Warty and may be fixed with respect to floppies. I know Ubuntu are keen on the usability angle and hope would hope floppies work better with the new version.

Julian