[HLUG] laptop advice needed

Alan Carter Alan at TheAnnexe.org
Wed Nov 30 19:00:44 GMT 2005

Hi John,
I have always had good luck with IBM Thinkpads as they are very well
supported under linux and you could always get a secondhand one. I
Have just got one for work a T23 for £200 and it is in very good
condition.
If you don't need to run X or sound then any laptop will do that, not
familiar with ubuntu server so i am not sure if you require X or not.
Find a Laptop your interested in and take a look at http://www.linux-
laptop.net/

Alan