[HLUG] choosing a distro

Matt Ramsay mattr at comfirst.org.uk
Tue Apr 18 10:14:41 BST 2006

Hi

I'm a fairly new to linux - have installed Mandriva alongside xp at
home.

At work, I have a number of old laptops running Win 98-W2K but want to
wipe these and run a linux distro on them instead. They're not very
powerful - probably got the following spec:

128 RAM

Intel P111 processor (1GHz)

20 Gb hard drive

I'm looking for a distro that will run fast on this type of laptop. And
am only really looking for it to run office type software.

Any idea what distribution I should take a look at??

Thanks, Matt

Matt Ramsay

IT Officer

Community First

T. 01684 580705

www.comfirst.org.uk

Charity No: 703072

This E-mail is the property of Community First in Herefordshire and
Worcestershire. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us
immediately.

Community First takes steps to prevent computer viruses from being
transmitted via electronic mail but cannot guarantee that messages do
not contain computer virus code. You are therefore strongly advised to
undertake anti virus checks prior to accessing this email.

Scanned by MailDefender - managed email security from intY - www.maildefender.net