[HLUG] choosing a distro

Sue sue2033 at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 18 14:27:41 BST 2006

Hi Matt,

And hello everyone else :-)

I have been running Kanotix successfully on three laptops of varying degrees
of power. The fact that this is my first post in the year I have been with
Hlug is a testement to how trouble free it is.

Kanotix is a developement of Knoppix, configured for laptops. (I have tried
Ubuntu and have had many problems with it).  Although a small distro, it has
a lively, approachable and helpful community.

See http://www.kanotix.com/index.php?&newlang=eng for downloads, wiki, and
forums.

Best,

Sue Sampson.