[HLUG] has anyone had experience with xen??

David Shorthouse kungfu at globalnet.co.uk
Sat Jan 7 00:29:10 GMT 2006

Hi all,

Happy new-year... I'm doing my usual thing & playing with my Linux box
again... Just in the process of reinstalling it as a web server. But what I
would like to try is if I want to test some configurations for apache2 could
I do that in Xen then if it kills the apache I can just reinstall it again
via Xen?

The reason I am asking is I setup my web server working fine I then created
my virtual servers with hostname based. and it was going to the wrong dirs
although when I looked they were set correctly. After about 8 or 9 changes I
decided to remove all of the virtual servers & stick with the default. This
caused me problems where the apache2 wouldn't allow me to start or stop the
service.

I then uninstalled & reinstalled apache2 with the same result.

So I am hoping this reinstall will fix my apache error but I want to be able
to configure apache in Xen then transfer that to my main Linux system if
that makes sense...

Cheers....

Dave Shorthouse