[HLUG] Printing pdf files

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Sat Nov 11 10:55:06 GMT 2006

Graham Cole wrote:
> Hi all
> I'm using EVINCE for viewing pdf and similar files but the sophisticated printing options do not work, such as scaling images and printing 2 pages together. Has anyone been successful with these printing features, with this or any other pdf viewer? I want to print pages of a mobile phone instruction book which I have downloaded. It has very small pages and scaling up would help.
> Thanks if you can advise me...

Hi Graham

I presume you're using Ubuntu. You can also download the Adobe Reader
too from the repositories. In Edgy, the newest version of Acrobat Reader
now has most of the print dialog options that Windows has, in earlier
version of Acrobat reader 7 for Linux you had virtually no print options
available.

So please try that, it may help.

Your printer also determines some of the print options available too.
You could try a different printer driver, some have more options
available. Try linuxprinting.org to find out what drivers you can use
with your printer.

Its an excellent site for anyone who has printing issues.

Good luck!

Julian