[HLUG] Meeting next week

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Fri Sep 15 23:53:15 BST 2006

Mark Broadbent wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> First, some good news about next weeks meeting.  Graham has managed to
> arrange for us to have our meeting at the Canal Road Day Centre in
> central Hereford.  The centre charges £6 per meeting, but as we have a
> small amount of funds from work previously done with Community First it
> can be covered by the LUG for now.

Hi Mark

Thanks for the info. I'm pleased that the work that Matt RR and myself
did for Community First will go to a good use.
> The only slight issue is that the meeting would be held on Wednesday
> evening, however I think this is a small price to pay to have a proper room!
>
> Please note that the room isn't a computer room and as such if you wish
> to bring a machine then make sure you have a display and peripherals!
>

> So, the meeting will be:
>
> Committee Room of the Canal Road Day Centre
> Canal Road
> Hereford
>
> On Wednesday 20th September starting at 7pm (however feel free to arrive
> earlier as there are soup and rolls available to purchase).

I hope to be able to come, but will have to re-schedule another activity
on Weds. so I'll have to see ...
> The centre has a large car park in front of the centre, however if you
> intend to park there then approach via Coningsby Street, off Widemarsh
> Street to avoid the one way streets. I've provided a handy Google Map
> link below:
>
> http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=canal+road,+hereford&ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=52.059428,-2.711472&spn=0.008655,0.026994&om=1
>
> If you are approaching by foot then you can take a short cut through the
> old graveyard between Monkmoor Street and Commercial Road if you are
> approaching from that direction.
>
> Once again, thanks to Graham for organising this venue.

Yes, thanks to Graham for getting us out of the pub !! Hopefully, we can
have a much attendance than some recent 'meetings'.