[HLUG] Personal Computer World - the history of the industry

Jeff Tupholme jeff at repositive.com
Wed Apr 4 18:42:15 BST 2007

Hi all,

I'm having a big spring clean and it's finally time to pass on my
collection of Personal Computer World. It's pretty big and old -
mid-80s to mid-90s! This was the most exciting time in the industry,
before Wintel came to dominate and there was a new manufacturer,
architecture, operating system or form factor almost every month.

I'd like to give it away rather than throw it away. For anyone who
was around at the time or with the room to store it it would be a
great thing to have. You can show your children how it all started,
what the world was like before colour screens, the Internet and so
on. There are even a few British computers in there! Any takers? I'll
be able to deliver!

Cheers,

Jeff