[HLUG] Plone 3.0 CMS released !!

Andrew Hodgson Andrew.Hodgson at allpay.net
Sat Aug 25 09:28:40 BST 2007

Hi Julian,

>Andrew Hodgson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is Plone very similar to Mambo, which you were speaking about a couple of >years ago?

>Hi Andrew

>It is similar in that its a CMS, but really Mambo is a toy compared to
>Plone. Plone is the Mercedes, Mambo the Ford Focus ....

Thanks for the information.

Whilst we are talking about possible commercial applications, we have just completed an implementation of a Linux mail infrastructure at Allpay.  This includes Scalix mail server running on RedHat, and a SpamTitan front-end for virus/spam scanning.  These are all commercial offerings, and whilst we have had some struggles, the systems seem to be running really smooth now.  The SpamTitan is actually FreeBSD, and its a virtual appliance, so we have no real control over the actual system other than the web based GUI, but I have learnt a lot in implementing the RedHat stuff.

We have also just implemented RHEL5 for a new web based service, which is just starting to take off.  Whilst most of our systems will most likely remain Windows based, it is good to know that we are looking at alternatives, and that we can actually implement something like this without too much hassle.  Who knows, we may even look at Plone for our Intranet :).

Andrew.

--

allpay.net Limited, Fortis et Fides, Whitestone Business Park, Whitestone, Hereford, HR1 3SE.

Registered in England No. 02933191. UK VAT Reg. No. 666 9148 88.

Telephone: 0870 243 3434, Fax: 0870 243 6041.

Website: www.allpay.net

Email: enquiries at allpay.net

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the allpay.net Information Security Manager at the number above.