[HLUG] Hello

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Mon Feb 19 20:36:01 GMT 2007

markdale184 at aol.com wrote:
>   Hi this is just a quick introduction as i have recently joined the mailing list.
>

>  I live in hereford and will try to attend the monthly meetings (shifts at work pending) as i am keen to learn more about Linux. I have several other distros on disk that i will try (redhat, suse etc) when im more familiar with it, although for now this will remain a hobby on my spare comp as i enjoy my online games (wow, eq etc) to give up windows just yet :p

Hi Mark

I've never tried it myself but for gaming try Cedega
<http://www.transgaming.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&file=index&func=display&ceid=29>
- this is a version of WINE (A Windows Emulator basically), specially
configured for Gamers. You subscribe monthly, and can vote for the games
you want to see run on Linux.
You'll have to speak to Tim who's our avid Linux gaming fan.

You may also want to subscribe (for free) to the online TUX magazine -
its a good read and biased towards newbies.

Cheers

Julian