[HLUG] lost display!!!!

Mark Broadbent markb at wetlettuce.com
Sat Feb 24 17:38:17 GMT 2007

GrahamCole wrote:
> Can't do anything without trouble?....this time trying Envy to get sound working with Nvidia hardware and I lost the display ie gdm.. Lucky I got this old laptop as a backup. Are we meeting tomorrow?

Hi Graham,

It sounds like your X configuration got messed up, I believe NVIDIA
supply a utility called something like nvidia-x-config that tries to
set-up your video card automatically.  If that how you got into that
mess, then you should be able find the backup called
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.?? and move it to /etc/X11/xorg.conf - that should
get you working again.

About the meeting tomorrow - or last Wednesday as it is today - lets
delay it until next month! (I'm not trying to make excuses but real flu
is very nasty and kept me occupied until now!)

Thanks
Mark