[HLUG] Source RPMs

Jeff Tupholme jeff at repositive.com
Mon Jan 15 23:19:37 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I believe most people are running Ubuntu but I still have a couple of
machines running a Red Hat variant (Yellow Dog). That uses RPM for
its package management. I want to add a couple of additional codecs
to ffmpeg that are only available in source form, so I thought I
would try to incorporate them into the source RPM (SRPM). I believe I
can unpack the SRPM and add the extra directories in before building;
the ffmpeg Makefile is supposed to notice them and roll them in.

Sounds easy, but anyone who has done this sort of thing before have
any tips before I start!?

Thanks,

Jeff