[HLUG] Re: Libraries etc

Peter Linnell info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Wed Jan 24 20:29:50 GMT 2007

Hi Gang,
Sorry for tardy reply. I am working ( for hope value) on a vol;untary
sector project development in West Wales at the moment and am snowed
under with application and funding cycle deadlines.
If it all goes pear shaped I will be back on the farm outside Leominster
within a few months and I will take it from there.

If all goes well I may end up employed (fro the first time in my adult
life) for a few years in a funded post and I will of course be able to
plug FOSS in both my work and my spare time!

Either way, anyone have any ideas about contributing to content for a
display. I am thinking in terms of a freestanding object made from a
single sheet of ply and slotted together so it wont need a wall to lean
on. Then we can make up some A4 pages to print, laminate and stick on.

Content needed on;
What is Linux, major distros, major SW who is it for.
How to get, install and use ( including directions for DVD on offer)
Licensing, GPL, creative commons, etc.
HLUG and other user networks.
Examples of best practice ( such as Powys CC)

Anyone who can do 3D illustration care to mock up a how it will look
image based on a photo of inside Leominster library; or other libraries ?

Sorry I cant get to meetings from here; I think the nearest LUG is
Aberystwyth or Swansea, both more than an hours drive! but I will do my
best to catch up in due course, perhaps to tie the display project
together !

Mind the Gap
Pete