[HLUG] Exim 4.50 on Debian 3.1 external greet_pause?

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Sat Jan 27 13:01:58 GMT 2007

Hi John,

>> >Maybe ident (rfc1413)? I have 'rfc1413_query_timeout = 0s' in most
>> >configs as this has solved delays in the past (especially when using
>> >exim as a smarthost for a pc without an ident server).
>>
>> Ok did a test on my machine and this is correct as the firewall here
>> logs the incoming port 13 request.  Where abouts in the config do I
need
>> to disable it?  I use the split config.

>It's in /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/02_exim4-config_options :

Yes, I found it, as well as reading a load of docs, I have managed to
implement most of what I want (i.e, TLS, Callout on secondary MX etc).
The only problem I have now is that it takes around 30 minutes to spool
mail from the secondary to the primary.  It is not a huge issue, but I
can't work out why it is doing this?  I specified the domain in the
relay domains prompt during the configure stage.  I want it to spool as
soon as possible, especially since the primary MX is available to do the
callout (to avoid shedloads of spam emails getting stuck in the
secondary MX).

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Andrew.