[HLUG] HOWTO change file owner by GUI

Graham Cole grahamcole at nerdshack.com
Sat Jul 7 12:28:46 BST 2007

I have to laugh at myself because Matt told me the way BUT....
I used sudo to launch Nautilus, right clicked a file, went to the
permissions tab, clicked on the owner window to change owner and then
FAILED to see that the drop down list had a little arrow at the top,
indicating a long list of possible owners, including me! (on my 4th
frustrated attempt I did see the little arrow)
So in Ubuntu we nearly have a GUI way of changing permissions but it
begins with a commandline opening of Nautilus. To me that's a good
compromise.
Have fun
Graham