[HLUG] VMWare creating a windows virtual machine so you can run windows and linux

David Shorthouse kungfu at globalnet.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 11:15:18 BST 2007

Im actually doing to try this on my laptop tonight....

It was just something interesting I came across during a boring day...:)

I will let you know It is also possible to import already downloaded instances
into the converter although from reading the help file there are some
advanced settings you only get if you have bought the software.

I will keep you posted.... This is of interest for me cos my nextdoor
neighbour wants to run linux to have a taste so if it works could well
install linux and run windows through vmware when he wants to use it...(its
an emachine and its had problems with files when updating to sp2)

I will run this on my laptop see how it goes and let you know how long...

Dave