[HLUG] Linux Presentation to local Friends of the Earth and Green Party

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 27 13:20:16 BST 2007

Hi

At the last meeting, we were asked by two of the other groups who
regularly meet at the Day Centre , ie the (the FoE and the Greens)
whether we could tell them/help them know more about Open Source and
Linux for their own usage as they prefer the ideals (and costs!) of the
FLOSS movement.

We said that we will try and set-up a presentation on this. Probably be
in September as many people are on hols, so we don't have access to the
building for our August Meeting. (pub instead for August meeting, I
think ... more details to follow ).

So, if you're interested in helping out with the above, please reply ...

We'll probably keep it informal, and informative, but if anyone can
access or put together flyers or further useful info on Linux and
software available for the two groups to take away, all the better. I
have some simple flyers for the HLUG already made up. There is also a
website with a very full list of Open Source software alternatives to
well known Windows commercial software, but I cant remember it just now.
Please elucidate if you know this URL ...

Any further info gratefully received.. ;-)

Regards

Julian Robbins