[HLUG] HD problem

Graham Cole grahamcole at nerdshack.com
Fri Jun 15 16:50:16 BST 2007

Hi everyone
I had a warning pop up to say my hard disk drive is going to fail so I
should back up all files. Now I'm scared of opening the system again and
I've installed another disk in the same box and I have a parallel Linux
system running on that. Now I want to access files on the suspect disk
on which I have put the jumper to slave position (to be exact, no jumper
connecting). My BIOS makes out this is a second master rather than
primary slave and I don't know how to access files from my primary
system. Can you help me? Do I need to change the BIOS somehow?
Graham