[HLUG] Help!!! im in trouble

Andrew Hodgson Andrew.Hodgson at allpay.net
Tue Jun 26 16:11:27 BST 2007

Hi,

With the system in the non boot state, I would ask you to try booting off the Suse boot disk and choose the recovery console option.  You should be out on a Linux shell.

You can use the lvs command to print your LVM volumes - this assumes that the rescue media has found the disk and it is available in /dev/hda or wherever.  Once you found the volumes, you could use the mount command to mount the actual volumes (they should be available as devices in /dev/mapper/vgname-lvname, or /dev/vgname/lvname).  Look at the fstab file on the disk to see what is going on.

Also check out /var/log/messages and /var/log/dmesg on the disk to see where the problems occurred.

Oh - was the 80GB disk you put in installed as it was in the original system - i.e, primary master?

This is a bit sketchy but may help you find where the issue is.

Thanks.
Andrew.