[HLUG] MythTv

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 9 15:58:52 GMT 2007

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 15:08:19 +0000, "matt stone"
<stone.matthew at gmail.com> said:
> Afternoon folks.
>
> I'm going to be building a MythTv box soon and was wondering if anyone
> else here had ventured into MythTv and/or media centre pc's in
> general?

Hi Matt

I have with varying degrees of success. Getting the card input working
is a bit tricky, I used a Freecom DVB-T pen digital TV which was ok
after loading up the firmware. Kaffeien si actually easier to use day to
day if you just want to record Freeview for example.

Mythtv is a bit of a pig to get setup. I did mine on Ubuntu. Easier
because at least everything is packaged nicely and sets up ok, but I
still had a few niggly things to work thru.

There's lots of docs on the web, almost too many as they give differing
advice sometimes.

Still, it was fun, but I never did get it all working absolutely how I
wanted it.

I think its still more feature than freevo or any of the others tho' ..

Cheers

Julian