[HLUG] MythTv

matt stone stone.matthew at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 16:21:01 GMT 2007

On 3/9/07, Julian Robbins <joolsr at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 15:08:19 +0000, "matt stone"
> <stone.matthew at gmail.com> said:
> > Afternoon folks.
> >
> > I'm going to be building a MythTv box soon and was wondering if anyone
> > else here had ventured into MythTv and/or media centre pc's in
> > general?
>
> Hi Matt
>
> I have with varying degrees of success. Getting the card input working
> is a bit tricky, I used a Freecom DVB-T pen digital TV which was ok
> after loading up the firmware. Kaffeien si actually easier to use day to
> day if you just want to record Freeview for example.

I'm hoping i've gone for the easiest option, i've got myself 2
pvr-150's. I think that not having a freeview signal is a bit of
blessing there :)

> Mythtv is a bit of a pig to get setup. I did mine on Ubuntu. Easier
> because at least everything is packaged nicely and sets up ok, but I
> still had a few niggly things to work thru.
>
> There's lots of docs on the web, almost too many as they give differing
> advice sometimes.

I'm hoping i've gone with a pretty easy option, fedora core 6 and i'll
be following Jarod Wilson's pretty comprehensive guide here
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/ so i'm hoping for a relatively painless
setup. As for getting it configured how i want...

Cheers
Matt