[HLUG] printer settings

Graham Cole grahamcole at nerdshack.com
Thu May 3 11:07:04 BST 2007

I can print with good colour with GIMP but with adobe Reader and Open Office the red comes out brown! When I get a test print from the "printers" window the red is red. Can anyone advise me why red is not always red?
It's possible that I once, long ago, tweaked my printer advanced settings (density, balance, colour density fine adjustment etc) and now I would like to try returning to default values but don't know how to. If I did tweak things, why does GIMP give good results with my printer but OO and Reader don't?
Graham