[HLUG] Presentation on Weds Night

Paul Stenning paul at vintage-radio.com
Mon Nov 5 22:26:00 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I've been trying to install PCLinuxOS on my laptop as an alternative
version (to Ubuntu) just to demonstrate to those interested (no prepared
presentation) but I have had loads of problems getting it to run and
keep running so I've given up with that.  The graphics won't work at the
native screen resolution, the wireless (with ndiswrapper) sometimes
doesn't start up and the whole OS freezes randomly for no apparent reason.

Unless I can get something else working tomorrow evening (openSUSE
perhaps) I'll just bring myself with nothing to show. :(

Oh, I do have the 3G internet router from work which I'll bring, plus a
CD/DVD duplicator.

Paul.