[HLUG] Presentation on Weds Night

Paul Stenning paul at vintage-radio.com
Wed Nov 7 09:01:05 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Mark Broadbent wrote:

> Even if you're there to show support and answer questions it would be
> much appreciated!

That's what I'll be doing.  I have nothing prepared to present but I
will answer questions as best I can from a newbie perspective.

I have Ubuntu 7.10 running nicely on my laptop, having given up with
PCLinuxOS.  It really was a "just works" installation with graphics,
sound, wireless LAN etc all correct straight away, which is probably due
to the recent collaboration between Ubuntu and Dell.

I will be bringing the Vodafone 3G Internet router I mentioned, and a
1-to-3 CD/DVD duplicator.  I'll also try to round up a few extension
leads and network cables etc.

I will aim to get there around 6:30 - 6:45.

Paul

PS - Pete, sorry I haven't had a chance to post a PCLinuxOS CD to you.
I'll have one this evening for you though.