[HLUG] Presentation last night

Mark Broadbent markb at wetlettuce.com
Thu Nov 8 12:16:44 GMT 2007

Hi All,

I think last night went extremely well.  From the FoE co-ordinator I was told the majority of attendants were from the Green Party.  In principle we have been invited back to complete all the pieces that we missed and that they would have also liked us to cover.  I 'll give everyone an update when I know anything more concrete.

I believe we gave away about 6-7 Ubuntu CDs as well, most to more experienced users that already run some OSS software on their Windows desktop but certainly two went to people looking to revive dead or malware infested machines with only Linux.

Thank you to everyone who came along, everyone's time and effort were much appreciated.  We have a meeting in two weeks time - I'll sent out the announcement closer to the time but as usual it will be at the Day Centre, starting at 7:30pm

Thanks again
Mark