[HLUG] mandriva wont go away

Paul Stenning paul at vintage-radio.com
Tue Oct 9 17:32:16 BST 2007

It sounds to me like the Linux boot loader is still there.

Do you have a Windows 2000 or XP CD?  If so, try booting from it, going
to the recovery console and typing FDISK /MBR to 'fix' the master boot
record.  Of course as far as Windows is concerned, 'fixing' is removing
all signs of anything non-Microsoft!

Alternatively try completely wiping the whole drive with Darik's Boot
and Nuke, available from http://dban.sourceforge.net/  This will
completely remove everything and will leave the drive with no partitions
or boot record etc, just as a new drive would be.

I hope that helps....
Paul.