[HLUG] HLUG Meeting - 16th April 2008

Paul Stenning paul at vintage-radio.com
Fri Apr 18 11:44:01 BST 2008

Paul

Well there is the usual issue of applications (Dreamweaver CS3,
PhotoShop Elements, Adobe Acrobat 7 Professional, UltraEdit, Beyond
Compare, Visual Basic 6 etc) for which there are currently no suitable
Linux alternatives.

For instant messaging I use aMSN on Vista which works OK.  I do use open
source where possible - OpenOffice, ThunderBird, FireFox, FileZilla,
FrostWire etc.

The situation is improving!

Paul