[HLUG] Serial port setting

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Sun Apr 20 07:55:27 BST 2008

Hi Paul,

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 06:15:43AM -0000, paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net wrote:
>  I need to control the baud of serial port 1 at the CLI.
> but I have a problem, I want to use 62500 baud :-)
>
>  Here's what I've done ;-
>
> stty -F /dev/ttyS1 57600 -cstopb
>
>  now when I try putting 62500 in there it tells me to go away, the only
> thing I can do is pick one of the standard baud rates (9600, 19200,
> 115200, etc, etc).
>
>  Is there another way of doing this?

The valid baud rates are listed in /usr/include/asm-i386/termbits.h
and 62500 isn't one of them.  I believe you'll need to patch your
kernel a bit like this:

http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2002-February/001895.html

It would seem a lot easier to just change the other device to 57600
or 115200, but I suppose there is a good reason why this isn't
possible in your case..

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB