[HLUG] Serial port setting

paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net
Sun Apr 20 09:38:50 BST 2008

Andy,

> The valid baud rates are listed in /usr/include/asm-i386/termbits.h
> and 62500 isn't one of them.  I believe you'll need to patch your
> kernel a bit like this:

Hmmm, that's a bit awkward for me, but I'll look into it, thanks.

> It would seem a lot easier to just change the other device to 57600
> or 115200, but I suppose there is a good reason why this isn't
> possible in your case..

The device attached is an 8 bit micro and because it's running from a
16Mhz clock anything that's non divisible gives me errors, for example at
115200 I get 3.7% rate error (ie, it's 3.7% off the correct rate). At
31250 (MIDI) and 62500 (double MIDI) I get 0%.

I'll have a tinker and see what I can do.

This explains what I'm doing - http://qix.synth.net/Blog/?p=6
And this is the background - http://qix.synth.net/

Thanks
Paul