[HLUG] Test web server

Paul Stenning paul at vintage-radio.com
Mon Apr 21 17:17:20 BST 2008

Hi all,

Well this is mostly working now. :)  I have phpMyAdmin working and can
view a test page on each site.  I haven't added full PHP/MySQL sites yet
but I don't expect any problems there.

I'm using Ubuntu Server with Webmin and an add-on for Webmin for
creating virtual hosts.

The only problem now is DNS.  Bind DNS is installed on the server and as
I add virtual hosts in Webmin they are added to Bind DNS.  However even
if I manually add the IP address of the server as a DNS server in the
TCP/IP properties on the PC (Windows) along with the router IP address,
it cannot resolve the sites on the server.

The only way I can access the sites on the server is to manually add
them to the HOSTS file on the PC.

Any ideas how to make this work?

Thanks,
Paul.