[HLUG] Introduction

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 28 11:03:49 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 10:48 +0000, paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net
wrote:
>  I live in Hereford and I have an obsession with synthesisers. I build
> them for fun (both hardware and software), you can see some of my work
> here - http://vacoloco.net/synths/.

Cool. In the early 80s I mucked around with electronic sound
a bit, and remember getting a 4 foot long circuit board to
build a huge synth project, only to find I didn't have a
big enough bowl in which to etch the board!

I went back to acoustic instruments, however, but my interest
in electronica was recently tweaked by playing with the
PTheremin [1] software -  a synthesised theremin [2]
There are circuits [3] available if you want to build your
own. [4]  :-)
(and plenty [5] of enthusiasts' sites [6], too.)

 - Richard

[1] http://ptheremin.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theremin
[3] http://mysite.verizon.net/arthur_harrison/