[HLUG] Recent problems at lug.org.uk

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 14 18:18:57 UTC 2008

Hi

A quick update:-

There has been a bad hacking attempt at our hosts server at lug.org.uk.
This has meant all the lugs who use their service, have been offline for
web, and for a little while with the mailing list. The mailing list is
back now, and should be ok.

The website is different :- It will be a while before we can get our
existing site back.

Instead they can offer us, a simple docuwiki site, which will help us
get the most important info, such as info on who we are, what we offer
to new members, and meetings and venues.

Anyone who wants to help setup a page or two, please respond, and i'll
get a user and pswd to you when the site is ready from lug.org.uk ;-)

I would be grateful for ANY help, as I am away for a few days next week,
so I won't be able to work on the site then ...

You can let your creative urges run riot .... well a bit any way ... :-)

Cheers

Julian Robbins