[HLUG] Recent problems at lug.org.uk

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Sun Aug 17 09:38:22 UTC 2008

Julian Robbins wrote:
> Hi
>
> A quick update:-
>
> There has been a bad hacking attempt at our hosts server at lug.org.uk.
> This has meant all the lugs who use their service, have been offline for
> web, and for a little while with the mailing list. The mailing list is
> back now, and should be ok.
>
> The website is different :- It will be a while before we can get our
> existing site back.
>
> Instead they can offer us, a simple docuwiki site, which will help us
> get the most important info, such as info on who we are, what we offer
> to new members, and meetings and venues.

Just to update you. So far I have heard nothing from my two mails to
lug.org.uk, to setup a quick alternative HLUG site.

They're busy people, volunteers like everyone else, vand time limited
especially with the problems on their servers.

So, we'll just have to wait. If it looks like its going to take too
long, we'll take Mark B's kind offer to stick something simple on his
webspace for time being ...

Julian