[HLUG] Next Meeting - 21st August, Shobdon

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 14 23:03:33 UTC 2008

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 08:52:56 +0100, "Christopher Evans"
<dodges.unlimited.inc at googlemail.com> said:
> Greetings All!
>
> Please can you tell me when the next meeting is, as I would like to take
> part in all things Linuxy?! I currently run Mint Elyssa on three PCs at
> home, and I'm delighted with it! - A welcome escape from M$ & Windoze
> (especially Vista!) ..

Hi Chris

It's a good time to mention to everyone that the August Meeting will be
next Thursday (ie the 21st), in Shobdon village, North Herefordshire at
my house. http://www.shobdonvillage.co.uk/

Our normal venue isn't available in the summer holidays, so that's why
we're having something a bit different.

There will be a little food available, and you're welcome to bring
drinks along. We can do teas, coffees and softdrinks. The aim is to have
a usual meeting but an even more informal one. There is plenty of room
in the garden and conservatory, nice country views overlooking the
fields, and if you're lucky 3G/HSDPA access (if the weather is right!).
I have 2MB wireless broadband we can use too.

We have space for a few cars, but there is more room available down at
the village pub, which we can decamp to later for a drink .

Its only 30 mins from Hereford and easy to find from there, and 15 mins
from Leominster.

A map is here :-

http://www.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=52.248009,-2.872152&spn=0.016921,0.038581&z=15&msid=107109254150703865995.000454733e6c6e2789ea7

Postcode HR6 9LR for satnav.

Follow signs to Shobdon, we are in the 3rd house of the new set of 6
houses on the left hand side.

I have a couple of Ubuntu hardy and OpenSuse 11.0 CD's anyone can have
if they want.

See you all next week .. (I'll send a reminder a couple of days beforehand).

Cheers

Julian

. I'm also awaiting the imminent arrival of an Acer