[HLUG] Herefordshire LUG August Meeting Report

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Sun Aug 24 22:09:42 UTC 2008

Hi

The August LUG meeting went off well. 6 people attended, not bad for an
event in the holidays in the far top corner of the County !

We discussed Wine, Virtual Box, Suse Linux and IBM laptops, and many
other topics, including having a quick look at Celestia. Benji, Chris
(and his Dad), Pete, Paul and myself (& family) attended.

Wound up at about 10.30pm after a pleasant outside evening in the
garden, with drinks and food a plenty ..

Pete mentioned about the Software Freedom Day coming up in September and
whether there was any interest in manning a stall to give out Linux CD's
in High Town, Hereford. Pete will email more about this later on.

Hope to see you for September's meeting, venue TBA, probably back at the
Day Centre in Hereford, unless any better ideas turn up ...  (wot about
a proper pub meet (wifi would be nice too)   ?
Ideas, suggestions for venues welcomed

Note the un 'official' LUG meeting in Monmouth coming soon too. see
previous mailing for details ..

Cheers

Julian

PS Still no word on our website from lug.org.uk, although our old site
data will be turning up shortly by the look of it ...