[HLUG] Herefordshire LUG August Meeting Report

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Tue Aug 26 10:24:01 UTC 2008

Quoting Julian Robbins <joolsr at fastmail.fm>:
> Pete mentioned about the Software Freedom Day coming up in September and
> whether there was any interest in manning a stall to give out Linux CD's
> in High Town, Hereford. Pete will email more about this later on.

I'd be interested in this, last year I tried to run an event in Kent,
however I was too busy to organise it porperly.

Depending on when and where it is, I'm happy to help.

> Hope to see you for September's meeting, venue TBA, probably back at the
> Day Centre in Hereford, unless any better ideas turn up ...  (wot about
> a proper pub meet (wifi would be nice too)   ?
> Ideas, suggestions for venues welcomed
>
> Note the un 'official' LUG meeting in Monmouth coming soon too. see
> previous mailing for details ..

ummm, yeah, as I appear to be the only person on the list near/in
monmouth this probably won't happen (I hate drinking on my own!). I've
joined a few other LUGs in the area and I'm thinking about proposing a
properly-organised Software Freedom Day event run/co-ordinated by a
number of LUGs in the area - more on this at a later date.

Hope to see you in september,

M.
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace