[HLUG] archiving software

George at dicegeorge.com dicegeorge at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 4 22:52:39 GMT 2008

wow i like plone...
ive been watching a movie on it at:
http://plone.org/about/movies

will it import and export to databases?

i was thinking more of a traditional archive, not a website,
but dont want to spend money on closed source software for many reasons..

but actually perhaps websites is the way to go,
the movie says i can have secret things -

i wouldnt like to put out a list of all the valuables and where they are,
there may just be a rare book amongst the collection,
one of my first jobs is to list the books, authors etc,
perhaps with a few scans from the books,
or a photo of every piece of furniture and
of jeremys paintings,
and his mum, lettice sandford's corn dollies...

ive never used databases, apart from sorted lists...

~        george at dicenews.com      ~
~               07970 378 572            ~
~         www.dicegeorge.com        ~
~                     (c)2007                  ~