[HLUG] Interest problem

Paul Stenning paul at vintage-radio.com
Mon Jul 7 20:09:06 BST 2008

Xytron data recovery are in Hereford.  http://www.xytron.co.uk/

They did a faulty hard disk for one of my clients about three years ago,
and retrieved the data fine.  I can't remember the price but it was
reasonable for that type of work (not cheap, but we put it in as a low
priority job and saved a bit more by not having to pay for collection
and delivery).

Call or email them for a price.

My approach with something like this is to leave it to the experts if
the data is valuable.  Fiddling when not 100% sure of what you're doing
could make things worse, and just using failing hardware can help it
fail further.

You need to decide the value of the information compared to the cost of
having it recovered professionally and the risk of a DIY attempt
trashing it permanently.