[HLUG] Acer Aspire 7720

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 13 08:49:14 UTC 2008

Broomster wrote:
> I'm looking towards purchasing the following laptop from PC World :-
> *http://tinyurl.com/5gd485
>
> *I'm intending to install Ubuntu 8.10 on it (possibly dual boot) - and was
> wondering if anyone has any experience with this laptop? Or knows of any
> issues I'm likely to encounter?

I dont know this pc, but this link from the Ubuntu wiki looks useful :-

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/AcerAspire7720Z

I dont know what the Z is compared to your G in the model name, but its
probably minor. would be worth checking on Acer's website

But the wiki page descriptions sounds promising. The wiki page is part
of the Ubuntu Testing team's pages
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam, where either Canonical buy
laptops to test out, or the community supply test info.

The description is detailed, but does not cover Intrepid yet, but there
are a few issues to be aware of. Mind you in Intrepid they may be fixed!!

Julian