[HLUG] Voice chat for AIM

Jeff Tupholme jeff at repositive.com
Wed Oct 22 12:01:18 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've been using voice chat on the Mac as an alternative to phone calls
with family members. The OS X iChat client is compatible with AIM (AOL
Instant Messenger) and I'd like to set up my Ubuntu 8.04 laptop
installation to work with it also. However, the two 'main' clients -
Pidgin and Empathy - don't support voice on AIM, and I've been unable
to identify anything else that does. The official AOL Linux client is
very old and appears to lack all but the most basic text chat features.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks & regards,

Jeff