[HLUG] Fedora 9 PackageKit freezing and distro recommendations

Morven Lewis-Everley m.lewis.everley at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 3 15:23:16 UTC 2008

A few people on here use Linux Mint. It is based on Ubuntu, so I thought I
would give it a try, due to Ubuntu 8 causing me a lot of stability issues.

It looks really slick, probably one of the nicest distros I have seen. It
comes with Open Office, Firefox, Thunderbird Pidgin etc etc, and I have
found it so far has been more stable and also didnt mess up when I tried to
set up my Nvidia card :). Plus it also uses apt for package management.

I am quite impressed with it to be honest, would definatly recomend it.

Mo