[HLUG] HTML-only eMail & 'Top-posting'

Christopher Evans reactiv8 at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Sep 10 00:56:38 UTC 2008

Matt/All,

I apologise if I have erred replying to other posts, however I would like to make a few points 'in my defence':~

I noticed some time ago that Hotmail repeatedly asks me to 'update' my version of Fire Fox although I am already using Fire Fox3 (in Mint Elyssa). I did not deliberately send HTML-only eMail - Either this is Hotmail or mailman 'morphing' my eMails, which have never before caused any problem or 'offence' ... I had noticed earlier that my post about meeting venues had been strangely 'compressed' making it much harder to read ...

I was not aware that some of our members read our forum 'on the move'. In future, I will edit my replies by removing all the 'extraneous' information and previous posts presumably generated by mailman? It would also be 'reasonable' if others did so to ...

I do do not read email using Mutt, Pine, Pidgin, Thunderbird or any other email client. I am however in the process of making the 'transition' to Googlemail, and later today I'll re-register with LUG - If this is allowed? - This very thing is actually frowned upon by other forums, so it seems I can't win - Again. ...

As for 'Top Posting', I went to some lengths to avoid my other thread being confused with the one about meeting venues, so if mailman has mixed these up that is not my fault. It was intended to be mildly humorous, but it seems I got that wrong too - :lol: Why can't we have a proper forum as so many others do, with multiple threads arranged by a mutually agreed and understood taxonomy? In future I must remember: One thread at a time, and no humour ...

For those who love rules and regulations I can happily introduce you to one of your kind in Lingen - You should get on like a 'house on fire' - I'll provide the 'matches', if you'll pardon the mixed metaphor?!?

Anyway, I frequently have to take 'flak' from various sources and fortunately I have a pretty 'thick skin', so I can 'take it', but on this occasion I think I am innocent.

Phew,
Chris.