[HLUG] Herefordshire CAPS centres as venues for HLUG

Christopher Evans reactiv8 at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Sep 14 12:21:22 UTC 2008

Further to our discussion on suitable venues for HLUG meetings, last night, I happened to be at Lingen Resource Centre (to watch Flicks in the Sticks as it happens, rather appropriately:~ "No Country for Old Men"), anyway, I knew that although the 7 Windozy laptops would be locked away, but the router would alive and well, albeit behind a locked door. Therefore I tried getting a connection with my own Minty Fresh laptop which found the signal straight away, but was stopped connecting by password protection ... If I'd had time, I could have had a little fun bombarding it to force a connection, but I don't think this would have won me many friends?! Anyway, I mention this because although I fully expected Lingen's resident 'Dog in a Manger' to have installed something along these lines, we could face similar obstacles at Preston-on-Wye ... Perhaps someone could look into this, so we have passwords etc., and 'permission' to use their router?

It is not hard to see why these spoil-sports become victims of a little mischief-making, they bring it on themselves, eh?!