[HLUG] Mailman Listinfo Security Certificate

Christopher Evans reactiv8 at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 19:21:13 UTC 2008

You may be right about Mailman now, but this is rather alarming ...

I enter here before as normal:~

http://www.linuxlinks.com/UserGroups/Europe/United_Kingdom/

The Herefordshire page now opens up OK too, but at the link to the mailing list:~

Here's what I get:~

Secure Connection Failed

mailman.lug.org.uk uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.

(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

    * This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

    * If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

     Or you can add an exception…

I'm reluctant to make an exception in the light of what I've been told about the security breach ... Ho hum

Chris.