[HLUG] April Meeting, Weds 15th @ 7.30 pm

Julian Robbins joolsr at fastmail.fm
Thu Apr 9 21:42:33 UTC 2009

Hi everyone

The next LUG meeting will take place this coming Weds as usual at
7.30pm, at the Simpson Hall, Burghill, Hereford.

Further details on the website. www.hlug.org.uk

We have no planned talks or 'workshops' as yet but I can bring the
projector if anyone would care to offer ... The hall has decent wifi, a
projection screen, and power. There's even a pub a short walk away, that
we can try now the weather is improving perhaps for afterwards ;-)

Matthew completed a members survey now on our website of what we as a
group are interested in hearing about.

Multimedia, webserver configuration, and server admin score most highly,
but many other topics are also of interest to the group. please take a
look here http://www.hlug.org.uk/node/16 (you may have to login in see
the presentation).

You do not have to provide a slick, well planned presentation, it can be
more of a workshop feel, as I did last week, where you can be passionate
about an area of Linux/Open Source that you have been working/playing
with recently and just show us what can be done. There was some talk of
someone showing what can be achieved with Blender - the 3D modelling
animation/video tool.

Anyone who is interested, please reply or if prefer, email me offlist.