[HLUG] World Software Freedom Day - Coming soon - dual boot hibernation

dicegeorge at hotmail dot com dicegeorge at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 25 14:25:24 UTC 2009

Yes, you shouldnt leave windows in hibernation then dualboot into linux.

I would hope that Ubuntu would warn you that messing with a hibernated
windows filesystem
can mess it up.

But then again if windows has crashed you'd want ubuntu to be able to get at
your data.

If its an NTFS file system then perhaps boot windows in safe food and chkdsk
it.

~
~  [g]  ~  [george]  ~  george at dicenews.com   ~
~       07970 378 572    ~ ~   01568 760 333     ~
~                    www.dicegeorge.com   (c)2009.  ~
~